The Jolly Logger

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum born out of the need for hosting (F)RP & other text-based RP campaigns without all of the added nonsense.

4 posters

Space Exploration Character RP

Leore
    Leore

Space Exploration Character RP Empty Space Exploration Character RP

Post by Leore Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:15 am

Introduction

Space Exploration Character RP Space_rp

Hundreds of years ago, those like yourself encroached on a New World. They were the first explorers of man onto new steps, steps into the future. When galleons were brought across the great seas to this New World, foundations were made and civilizations built to mirror their forefathers and make their country proud.

While that era may be over, and that New World dying in the cesspit of its founders and its builders and its machinations of those before it and after it, this is the beginning of a new era. An era of exploration - between dimensions, between new worlds, but not anything we have ever seen or experienced before.

New leaps in space travel has paved the way for the new era’s explorers to explore strange new worlds, to seek new life and civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before; and you’re one of those lucky few, chosen by your governments to go out and seek unity where none could be found on Earth, to go and make not your country proud, but humanity proud. This is the new era.

General Information

This role-play will be based mostly on Skype, and only on the Forums for certain things like events, records, logs, journals of characters, stuff like that. It will follow the stories of several characters -  a crew of an explorer vessel - as they embark into the great unknown beyond any communication with their family, friends and associates at home outside of delayed feedback and messages.

It will be a very story driven one with no stats or RPG sheets, and mostly a visual story that the players can weave and turn the tide of. Only logic, sense and the love of novelty will be determined in the role-play, so if you’re a doctor you’ll have certain knowledge that others don’t, obviously, depending on the kind of doctor you are. Every character will be different and have a centered role - and only some roles will have more than one on board.

The decisions you make in this role-play matter. Consequences are a thing and you shouldn’t do something because you want to know what it is out of character; play your character reasonably and as humanely as possible, otherwise the fun is ruined.

Roles

Captain; charged with the protection of the expedition, as well as the piloting of the vessel.

Director; the head of all research and managerial duties, the Director ensures the expedition is on its toes and ensures the crew is healthy of both mind and body.

Engineer; with two on the vessel itself, the Engineers fitted with ensuring the vessel is in top notch shape and the expedition on its course without any problems. They’re also charged with handling maintenance and constructing certain tools.

Doctor; the Doctors of the vessel they are fitted with ensuring the crew’s health, handling matters of virology when new specimens come on board to be studied and they need to communicate with the scientists and researchers.

VIP; the rich with ties in the mission who may have invested but also purchased a spot on the vessel and its course. They are deemed very important by the managers back home and are considered good with words, standing as advisors. Although they may have other, unknown stakes in the mission.

Scientist; the Scientists are the bulk of the mission with the most expert knowledge on space itself and what they’re likely to find if they do stumble upon anything of note. When not on the field with the others deemed fit to do such, they’re in the lab studying.

Guard; charged, as under the jurisdiction of the Captain, to serve and protect the crew. They’re entitled to security, temporary confinements of crew considered a danger, and general protection of field workers and other things.

And more if you want to come up with some reasonable attachees with the crew.

Application

Role:
    Character Name:

P.S This is still an interest check and feedback is appreciated on how to improve the setup/lore. Thanks.
    Matias123
    Matias123

Space Exploration Character RP Empty Re: Space Exploration Character RP

Post by Matias123 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:49 pm

This sounds like a jolly-good FRP, one with alot of roleplay potential about exploring, but I'm not sure if it's something for me. Never been too much into that type of concept, if yagetwhatimean.

Still, if you manage to get someone with you on this, I wish you good luck!
    Galvatorix
    Galvatorix

Post by Galvatorix Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:16 am

Sounds like it could be fun, however I do like to have atleast a basic system for RP because it makes it more fun for me personally. If you could gather interest though I'd be willing to give it a shot as a scientist or VIP.
    Klamaak
    Klamaak
    Admin

Post by Klamaak Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:59 pm

I'm down for this. Skype RP is a big yes for me, it's quick and efficient. Also, totes caught on to them Trek vibes.

Expect an app soonTM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm